Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Act Like a Cat

A good stretch does wonders for my body.  Even something as simple as pointing my toes.  One of my favorite stretches that I miss doing since the Rods were placed in my back was a sort of praying stretch.  Get on your knees (if you can)  and place you head to the ground with your arms laying backwards palms up.  This opens up a lot for me.  Sometimes positioning your knees together or far apart for deeper stretching.  The key is this should feel good, at the first twinge of pain stop.  It's your body letting you know it's not a good idea. I can do a modified version of this now as I am learning how to work my new body hardware.  I also find while standing in the living room putting my leg up on the back of the couch and just resting it there helps as well.  There are a lot of stretches that help alleviate some of the more "every day" pain.  Don't push it, just relax into the stretch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment