Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year

So last year I made a New Year's resolution.  The first one ever.  I resolved not to be in an Emergency Department for the entire year.  If you don't count the 4 surgeries and the boat trip to a medical clinic in the British Virgin Islands, then I Won!!!!  Woo Hoo!   This year I'm going for no surgeries in 2012.  And since the Mayans said we're all dying in 2012 then I won't have to make any more resolutions.  That is all.

Live Long and Prosper my friends,
Leigha

2 comments:

  1. I made my resolution this year as well for no surgeries in 2011, but looks like that is not happening. I have a pain in my ass literally. I am in the same boat as you my love which you know. You should have heard the texts and jokes made. This one is a good one. I am having a hard time recovering from my last surgery. They told me it would take up to a year. I am still so very tired and irritable. Trying to work out, manage my diet cause I have to, but now I have to worry about my diabetes as well. Then i have to deal with doctors with egos here in lafayette criticizing those who helped save me in Houston. I am so glad you did this, i love to use humor as well, but right now and for the last couple of weeks have been feeling nothing but despair due to pain and lack of life again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often need to rest about twice a day. It was weird for me to do that during the holidays. My family knows my ordeal, but I still feel like I'm being anti social when I have to go lay on the heating pad for about an hour.

    ReplyDelete